At church today they both said they were sooo sore. I just laughed. I remember at New Years when I played and how sore I was from playing. There's been no complaint from the kids. How is it that when you get a bit older and bigger that you end up getting completely sore after a tiny bit of exercise, and it never phases the kids? It's no fair!
These past few weeks we've been potty training Logan. It's gone great and he stays dry...as long as we aren't at home. What is that all about? It's so frustrating at times. He knows how to take care of business and knows when, but just doesn't make it. So, I'm staying out of the house as much as possible. :) I really do think it's just awesome that he is basically potty trained before he turns 3, that's not until March 8th. I can't believe my baby is going to be 3!!
Talking about growing up, Mater has really grown big. That tiny red automatic feeder bowl, in the picture below, used to be bigger than he was, now he's towering over it. He's so fun to have around. He's about ready to graduate from Puppy Training. He's really responded to the techniques of the trainer, and so have we. :) I recommend training to anyone with a dog. We've learned so much with how to have a loose leash walk where he's not pulling on it the whole time, how to get him to sit and stay for a long period of time(as we work with him more), to lay down, and just how to handle all the fun things that dogs bring into our lives. He seems like a much happier dog since we've started the training. Definately a must (unless you're already well versed on how to handle a dog).
The boys love playing with him, and once he's been out of his crate for long enough he starts to calm down and is really enjoyable to be around. It's fun to watch him grow. He's got an appointment the beginning of March to loose his man-hood, poor guy!
On to the next topic, Derek's Basketball season has come to an end. He had his end of the season celebration after his game. He got the "Push-Up Pro" award. At the beginning of the season Derek could not get the ball near the rim, so he asked his coach what he should do to help him get stonger. Coach Allen told him to do push-ups and it will make him stronger. Well, I'm not sure how many push-ups he did, but by the last practice he was making tons of baskets. It was so exciting!
Kaleb and Tyler's seasons are going to be over next Saturday. It's been fun watching them improve and enjoy the sport so much. It has also been frustrating having all the practices (3 days a week for 3 boys) and nearl
y every Saturday for the last 4 months taken up. I figure this is just the beginning of all the craziness, so I'd better get used to it.
Well, I think I'll end this Saga. Till next time, may you all have peace and the Lord's hand in your life to help you through whatever may come your way!
4 comments:
Isn't the Wii fun?! We have so much fun (when we have the time to play?!) Avery loves to bowl (or at least try)!
I can't believe that both Logan and Avery are going to be 3 VERY soon! Crazy! Congratulations/good luck with the potty training! Avery was my first experience, but it was more frustrating than I thought it would be. If you need someplace to get "out" to, stop by anytime!
haha alison thanks so much for posting the video, and for such a great time! i can now finally show garrett what the wii is about and hopefully convince him to get us one!! you are wonderful!
Looks like fun! They finally figured out a way to exercise while watching TV, haha:) Congrats on the potty training -- Josh is SO not interested. He was a few months ago...not so much now. We lost his "motivational stickers" in the move and he got mad, so I think he's rebelling. He's got until July to turn 3, though, so hopefully soon...hopefully our puppy will be potty trained first, since SHE can't wear a diaper. Your dog is so cute! I'm looking high and low for a training class and I don't think there is one near us. Bleh. I'll have to keep looking - our little puppy really tries to be good...but she just can't quite figure out how to settle down, esp. around the kids!
Ha Ha.....LOL! That was awesome, it really shows how talented Becky and I are, everyone should know now, not to mess with us! Ha! Thanks for posting this. We loved it! We love you guys!
Post a Comment