Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Sun, Glorious Sun, Makes for Glorious Day!

Ok, so William is out of town and I am busy trying to not pull my hair out most nights. He left Sunday and will be back Saturday (on Logan's 3rd birthday), but really had checked out of the parenting thing Saturday night because he was so busy trying to get stuff put together for his trip. He went on a business trip to New York City for TurnItUp Media. He's had great success so far, and that is all I can hope for him. He is having a bit of fun on the side, but most of it is work. He's there with our friend, and associate, Clayton. They are having a blast together. I miss him. It's so much easier to divide and conquer with the kids in the evening.

I do have to say that today was a GLORIOUS day! Logan and I went to Avila Beach and enjoyed the 60 degree weather there for a couple hours, then did a little shopping. After picking up Derek at 12:20 we came home and ate, then the boys played in the little wading pool I picked up today (it was a beautiful day and I thought it would be nice to have for all these beautiful days we will start to have more often). We picked Kaleb and Tyler up at 2:25, came back home, they played for a while. From about 3:30 until about 5 I helped each boy individually with his homework. Only one at a time, with a break in between for each of them (not for me), and it worked out great! It was so nice! Then they helped get the house picked up a bit before we headed out to Carl's Jr for dinner with Mom, Brennan, Tracie, and their 4 kids. Once home, they got into bed pretty well, good enough for me to not feel too frustrated.

It really was a great day! I don't have a lot of those, so I'm reveling in the moment, and writing it down so I can come back and read it on one of my bad days. It will help me remember there are good days that come with the bad. :)

2 comments:

Becky said...

ooo so glad that you had such a great day! i feel like i havent seen you in foreverrrrr (i think its been a week) and sure do miss you and the kiddos (that includes mater as well). hope to see you soon???

Sandy said...

I'm glad you had a good day - I have a hard time when Jake is out of town, too - just puts me off kilter! Once again, I'm jealous that you could go to the BEACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!