Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I've had better days!

Oh my goodness! Today was not the best day I've ever had, not necessarily the worst, but definately not the best! I don't know exactly where it came from but Logan decided he was going to have a very grumpy day. I was running errands this morning (the only time I run errands since I only have one with me at that time) and he was not happy and let everyone around us know it. The crying and the hitting and the screaming...I'm not sure how I made it through without losing it, but I did it!! Yay me! There were a few time outs (the one in the car he chose to not make it to the bathroom to take care of business), lots of times I just ignored him and people looked at me like I was crazy. He's definately my most vocal of all the boys, and knows exactly what he wants. I can usually talk him through it, but he was not having it today. Once we were able to make it home he took a nap.

During that nap I went to all three Parent/Teacher Conferences while my wonderful friend Jenn watched the boys and had her girls here, too. What a Saint! What a life saver. She's one of those friends that you can turn to in any circumstance and she'll be there for you. I love her to pieces! The P/T's went very well. All the boys are doing great, of course have some improving here and there, but over all are doing excellent. Derek's teacher just loves having him in class, Tyler's teacher said he is the "silent leader" in his class and that all the kids look up to him, and Kaleb's teacher is impressed with his penmanship (hard for a boy in most cases) and his Social Studies and Science skills. I like to focus on the possitive with them, because then they know they are doing good and want to continue to do better. So I'll leave out the "needs to improve on" areas, for their benefit.

Ya know, thinking about Jenn and what a wonderful friend she is makes me think about all the wonderful friends I have. I count myself lucky to have such an abundance of friends. Many are here in SLO (most of these are my most recent friendships), but also so many distant friendships with so many people that I love. A lot of those friends are ones that I rarely actually talk to but when I do get to talk to them or see them it's as if no time has passed at all. I love all my friends (this includes family, since they are all my friends too!) so much! I would not be where I am today if it weren't for all the wonderful friends I have in my life. So, thank you, because if you are reading this blog, then you are one of these friends I am talking about!!!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

I totally understand the "grumpy kid" days -- I think they're MUCH harder on MOM! And they DO usually end with a nap, don't they? (either you or them, haha).

I certainly feel like no time has passed when we see you guys in SLO...well, for us anyway - the kids getting older and bigger is definitely an indication of lots of time passing! I wish we could see each other in person more often -- I would love to grab our littlest boys and go run errands or go to the beach some day!!

V and Co. said...

totally understand the grumpy kids! nate's usually the one to tell total strangers that i yelled at him and he was not too happy with me!

Rhonda said...

I so love and miss you Alison...you will ALWAYS be my best friend for life. you know i had my crying day yesterday and today when i found out mich was moving there and also cuz of how much i miss YOU of all people. i love you!!! dont forget it