A subject I'd like to broach is Autism. I have a few friends that are currently learning about autism because their daughters have it. If I remember right 10 years ago it was normally boys who had autism...not so much the case anymore. One of my friends, Corinne, has known for a while about her oldest daughter having ASD, and is now concerned about her third daughter exhibiting the same signs. She has some great information on her web site about vaccinations and diet, with more information to come. You can visit http://www.ckcclan.blogspot.com/ to see what she has posted about her sweet little girls and what she has been able to find out.
Another friend some of you may know is Ashleigh Bayard. She has found out her children have very severe asthma and is learning a lot about how to help their environment become safer, not only for children with asthma but for all families with children. She's learned a lot about lead and what may contain lead, what toy companies are staying lead free, and other great information. If anyone would like to receive emails from her about her research post a comment with your email address and I'll pass it on to her. Or you could email me to let me know.
I hope you all have a wonderful day. The sun sure is helping me to feel more energized and enthusiastic. May you all find sunshine in your day!
5 comments:
Congratulations on the eye surgery! I have known several people who have done it and have been soooo happy with it! Paul would actually like to have it done as well. That is so exciting! You are always adorable, and I actually like the look of glasses, but my good gracious, you are absolutely GORGEOUS with no glasses, no make-up, just you! Congratulations again! Wishing you a speedy recovery!
Oh, I'm so jealous!! I want all the nitty gritty details...email me if you get a chance, would ya? Lasik is somewhere on my life plan...just don't know when yet. I'll tell ya what, though - I'm sick of wearing constantly skewed and broken glasses, so the options are either quit having babies (not an option yet) so my glasses aren't constantly squished or knocked off, or get Lasik!
Its very interesting to me that autism seems to be SO prevalent these days. I hope more research is done on it, since right now its more a label for symptoms than anyone knowing exactly what it is/how kids get it. I suspect there are lots and lots of things that can cause the same symptoms to manifest themselves. Good for you and your friend for spreading the word about current research, etc. - same with allergies/asthma. I had several kids in the special ed classes I taught once upon a time that were seriously hampered by such things - it was like, the kid ate sugar cereal with red dye in it and tested for a severe learning disability...then he'd eat toast and eggs the next day and didn't have any problems at all. Its scary, actually!
Speaking of asthma, I need to go take my inhaler, haha! I'm coughing up a storm. Love to hear more about the Lasik, though!
congrats on the eyes! and thanks for the links with all the info!
wahoo!!! soo glad that it went well! what a difference, im sure. well we will have to do something this weekend - we are finally feeling well - not sick!! what a thought???
One step for mankind and a leap for...uhhh anyways...
Congratulations Alison! You are one hot mama! I love being able to nuzzle up and know that I'm not going to get scratched anymore by your glasses.
If you need any tips on Asthma...I'm a good resource. I've had to deal with it most of my life :) But....you knew that already.
Cheers!
Post a Comment