It's been like a whole week without a post...dang, I remember a time where I was lucky to get one done a month. My eyes are getting better, still blurry, but much better. They are extremely dry, and that causes most of the blurriness. This is the reason why I haven’t done a blog, it’s so hard to look at the screen of my computer for too long. Plus last week was Spring Break and the kids were…being kids…all week. It was nice sleeping in, getting sick, and not having to worry about taking the boys places all day long. In fact I didn’t run one errand the whole week, it was great! I’m better now, after a relapse yesterday of being sick. The kids are back in school, and life is back to “normal”.
Today was actually a wonderful day! Kaleb and Tyler started Karate, and Derek is going to start next Monday. They loved it and are going to really enjoy it for at least this next month. We got a great deal for the first month…the next months are questionable, just because we have so many to put into the class…the cost really adds up. Yikes!
Here’s one of my most favorite things I’ve read most recently from Sheri Dew’s book “If life were Easy, it wouldn’t be Hard”. It’s a quote by CS Lewis: “…surely what a man does when he is taken off guard is the best evidence for what sort of man he is? Surely what pops out before the man has time to put on a disguise is the truth…” Here Sheri is talking about Charity and if we are charitable we will know by our initial response to situations. And it struck me that when I am at home is when the disguise is not on. My initial response is not usually one full of charity when my children are “getting on my nerves”. This is something I can change, and the Lord has the capacity to help me. If I pray for Charity, not patience, not an ability to “deal” with what they do, but to be charitable to them, my heart will be changed. I’m so excited to understand this in such a different light. I feel there is hope in my parenting techniques. All the parenting books I’ve read have been great, but never stuck with me after I’ve read them. Maybe this is my life changing realization…I’m so stoked!
I think that will be all for now…my eyes are so dry, I need to be done. I hope you’re all doing well and you all have a great evening!
2 comments:
I think I'll have to find that book! :) Patience is something I'm certainly lacking...but patience wrapped in charity seems so much more lovely and enduring than just simply tolerating nonsense. Thanks for sharing! I'll be praying for help too!
love, the Rasmussens
Welcome back to the land of blogging:) I hope your eyes are feeling better soon - dry eyes drive me NUTS, but seems to be the story of my life! I think I need to go get that book - looks like a good one:)
Post a Comment