Getting away was most amazing. It was so fun to be with Mom, Tracie and Emree. We were up until 2:30 am Friday night just talking and enjoying each other (Emree was asleep, thank goodness). It is cherished time I will never forget! William was awesome (and Brennan) for watching the boys and not ever calling me once while I was gone.
I'd love to make a yearly thing out of it. It's so renewing and revitalizing. Next time we'll have to make sure ALL the women of the family can go (that's you Carrie and Sarah!) It would be great if at some point I could go out to Maryland and go with all of the women on the other side of my family!
I feel like a new woman and ready to face things with a better attitude, to not be so hard on myself, accept my follies and just continue to improve. I learned I had forgotten about myself, especially my Spiritual Self. I need to focus on me more often and not get so caught up in life. I need to enjoy each moment and stop rushing around all the time. My "self talk" is going to continue to improve. I'm going to talk myself through moments of stress to stop and look at the other person's point of view (especially my children's). I feel happy inside. My moments of frustration are more easily replaced with calm and compassion. Let's just say that I really needed a "Time Out" and I suggest one for everyone!!
7 comments:
I'm so glad you all got to enjoy a wonderful weekend. I've heard fabulous things about that "Time Out for Women." It sounds like it's well worth checking out their calendar. Thanks for sharing. Maybe I'll see you there for next time! :) Have a good one!
love,
Jessica
Wow - sounds like you had a great time! They do the "Time outs" every year or two in Billings, but I haven't ever gone...maybe I should look into it! Was it so awesome to go to something like this, stay up late, etc. and have NO GLASSES to worry about??:)
Definately a plus without the glasses! But I was more excited about not having to worry about any kids! :) You really should check it out and see if you could go to one. It's well worth the time and bit of money it takes. I hope you can work one in some time.
Oh! It sounds and looks like you four had soooo much fun! Is that makeup I see on all you pretty girls? It's all so vivid without glasses infront of your eyes! Amazing. ;-) How did you get Emree smiling in each shot? Oh, probably giggling with Grandma!
A couple days of music and inspiration galore? I know I'm definitely interested in next time...so wonderful for you to think of us (Carrie and I). Love you bunches, miss you much.
~Sars.
Alison,
I just wanted to thank you for being such a wonderful friend and sister-in -law. Time Out for Woman was such an amazing and spiritual experience. I am so glad I got to experience it with you, mom, and Emee. Memories I will cherish forever. :)
Love you,
Tracie
Alison,
Loved the blog. The conference was awesome, wasn't it? I was sad not to have Carrie and Sarah with us, especially when it turned out to be so great. Anyone and everyone should try TOFW sometime. I really think young marrieds need it as much or more than us oldies.
Loved the pictures too. You know Emree knows when the camera is on her and she just smiles. No one has to prompt her most of the time. She was an amazing addition to our "Time Out". She was a virtual angel the entire time--happy, quiet--and worried that we all were always there. She kept checking to be sure each of us was nearby no matter who was holding her. What a gem.
Love, Mom
Went to a Time out for women in November and had a wonderful time and sounds like you did too! I love looking at your blog, I never see you anymore and this is the perfect way to keep up! I say we BBQ sometime....sooooon!
Julie
Post a Comment