I'm without pictures for now, but still wanted to post a blog on this glorious Easter day. It was my privilege to help put on an Easter Activity for the older children in Primary. We had four "booths" that related to what people did in Jesus' time. One was fishing, one was food sampling, another was "carpentry", and the last was basket weaving. The carpentry was the one I was in charge of and it went quite well. Each child had a plaque that had a picture of the Tomb taped to it. With a screw and hammer they were able to punch holes to make the picture become one with the plaque. :) It was fun to watch the children have such a great time. What a great beginning to a beautiful and crazy weekend.
That same day we also had a baptism to attend at 3, Tyler had a birthday party from 4-6 in Arroyo Grande, and an Elders quorum activity at the church at 5. All of this occured with Logan being sick, the poor dear! He was a trooper and with the help of one of my friends (and Tyler's friends' mom) we were able to be to all the events since we divided and conquered.
Today was a great day at church, other than the older boys having a rough time in Sacrament meeting. I was teaching the lesson in Singing/Sharing time. It went well and felt like new information was given to the Sr Primary that they either forgot or hadn't heard before. I love being in Primary. It's extremely exhausting, but totally worth it!
We had a wonderful family day. We weren't able to spend it with Brennan, Tracie, Garen, and Emree due to sick children, but it was a great day with our sweet little family. The boys loved eating their candy. Logan and I had a great nap (his second). And we all enjoyed watching movies and "America's Funniest Home Videos" (one of our favorites).
I am so thankful for the sacrifice of my brother and Savior so many years ago. How glorious to be able to be resurrected when the day comes. I am grateful for the opportunity I have to be forgiven of my sins and to return to live with my Heavenly Father again some day. Words cannot describe how blessed I feel to have the gospel in my life. I love sharing teachings and beliefs to my children along with all the other wonderful children in the ward. I hope I can live my life in a way that is pleasing unto my Father in Heaven. May you all have the peace and joy that comes with righteous living and joyful attitudes.
4 comments:
Sounds like you had a crazy busy weekend! I didn't even know that all of that was going on inside during the egg hunt! Thank you for sharing your beautiful testimony too! You are awesome!
sure do love u!
My Wife Rocks!!!
i love the your booth idea! what a great activity! must of been going around that little bug that made the boys have a rough time in sacrament, i was sweating at the end of the meeting!
Post a Comment