Sunday, March 16, 2008

Ode to Sarah



William kept saying that when my Sister in law lost her hair from her Chemo treatment that he would shave his head. Well, here it is. He came out of the shower without hair, and said that he thought it would be nice to let Sarah know how much we love her and think about her. Here's a post just for her, so she knows how loved she is.

An update for all who knew she was diagnosed with Leukemia...she is back at home after 4, or so, weeks in the hospital. Her body did not like the Chemo at all, but after a few weeks was fit enough to be away from her hospital bed at Utah Valley Hospital. She's going in this next week to have her bone marrow tested to see how things are looking before they determine this next treatment set. She is gaining energy back more and more every day and finds that she is energized by her sweet nieces that live so close (I wish we still did!).


Sarah is an amazing woman! She's had such a great attitude throughout this trial. She sets such a great example for her family and friends. I call myself lucky to call her Sister!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

I've only met Sarah once, but she struck me as the type who takes sunshine with her everywhere she goes - I'm glad things are progressing and that she's well enough to get out of the hospital!

Does Will have to wax his head every morning, or do you do a spit shine?:)

Rhonda said...

Please give Sarah my love and prayers. I hope things go well and she continues to get the strength back. Please give her my love and tell her I feel I am so lucky to have met her and your brother, John. Love and miss all of you guys!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! An ode? You guys are getting pretty fancy! I feel honored to be in your thoughts...and blog. ;-)
I'm just grateful I got this experience in the spring...I think our new haircuts will be perfect for summer. Just remember the sunscreen! (Can you imagine the "do" in November? Brrrrr! I shudder to think!)
KC and I love all you soooooo much. Hey, and your phone calls energize us lots, too! Hope to keep talking to ya. Love you, love you. ~Sars