Today was a pretty good day. Actually I'd say even better than pretty good! Logan slept in until 8 (luckily woke up right before we had leave to get the boys to school). We all rode our bikes (Logan was in the bike trailer) to school. The wind was blowing so my ear started to ache a bit, but was good soon after arriving home. We got ready to go to Mother's Group at the park (ok, I got ready while Logan watched "Mickey Mouse Club House" and "Little Einsteins"). It was a beautiful day at the park! 5 moms/grandmoms came and we all had a great time. Logan got to ride his bike. I told a friend a while ago that I could spend all day at a park if it were possible. The kids are off on their own and I get to sit and enjoy watching, playing, and soaking up the rays. Not many things can top that in my book when it comes to the kids.
We left the park to visit with one of the wonderful women I'm lucky enough to visit teach who has undergone Chemo and now is going through Radiation for Breast Cancer. She's been inactive, but seems to really long to come back and be part of the Gospel again. It's so fun to visit with her. I always walk away feeling much happier and appreciative of all my blessings. We were off to pick up all the boys from school at 12:20 (early out all week for P/T conferences). Came home, ate lunch, left to take Christmas lights to the church for a RS Birthday Dinner tonight, went to the store....stop...went to the store with ALL the boys! And you'll never guess what comment I got at the check stand from the cashier..."Are they all yours?" and then to top it off..."No girls, hu?" I looked at Kaleb and said, "No, he's a girl" and laughed really hard. She corrected herself and said that she meant that I didn't have any girls at home. I'm sitting here cracking up about it...I mean really...why would I be at a store with 4 BOYS if I also had a girl at home...wouldn't it make more sense to leave the boys at home, too? Here's your sign!!!!
But anyway, things actually went really well at the store, minus the occasional scream of delight or hitting someone's heals with the cart. I had Kaleb and Tyler each push a cart with Derek in one and Logan in the other. Logan kept kicking Kaleb, so I ended up pushing that one. Tyler kept running into Kaleb's heals, then once I had the cart I was constantly checking behind me to see if Tyler was about ready to hit mine. But there were no tantrums, no running around, no hitting or being mean to eachother (other than Logan whom I've begun to expect it from). It really was a pretty good trip to the store.
Upon getting home I had the boys help get the groceries into the house (yes even Logan) and I put them all away. I was able to come into the room and vegg for a little bit (even take a 1/2 hour nap which was desperately needed). When I finally woke up I helped Logan get a snack, or at least said he could have the apple he'd already bitten into. Then I started getting dinner ready. Even though I wasn't here for dinner I made my famous Chicken Enchiladas for the family. I did make sure to make enough for leftovers (just asked Will how they turned out and he said they were "good" with that amazing undertone of "FREAKIN INCREDIBLE!").
At 6:10 I left for the RS Birthday Dinner. What a great time! I was able to sit by some awesome people. Krissy made it impossible to stop laughing though. I'm sure that Lindy, who was sitting on the other side of me than Krissy, probably thinks we are crazy! I love it when I'm able to just laugh and not stop. I looked at her at the end of the meeting and said, "Could you imagine if Becky had been sitting by us? We would have been in big trouble." The laughter would have had me in tears and rolling on the floor! After the dinner was over Becky, Krissy, and I spent an hour at Starbucks drinking hot chocolate (not Becky, she just chatted) and telling all kinds of stories where bad things have happened with scary people...once we were all freaked out enough we decided to get home. :)
So now I'm home still laughing about all that when on tonight. Being with Becky and Krissy really made my night. I'd have to say that contributing to the great night was seeing all the wonderful women that I love in the ward; family, new friends, and constant friends. There's nothing like friends!
1 comment:
Its so fun reading about your adventures -- we live in such totally different places, man! A trip to the grocery store here entails 1/2 hour each way in the car...3 hours to Costco...2 hours to WalMart...so its always MAJOR when we go. I avoid taking all the kids with me by myself like the plague -- but at least they're old enough that we don't get weird questions. Seems like even with 3 kids, if they're young enough, you get plenty of "wow - all those yours?". No, they just all look the same and call me mommy for fun:)My favorite is still, "don't you know where babies come from?" - people still think that's hilarious. I always say something totally inappropriate for a bishop's wife, like, "HECK YA, I'm surprised we don't have more!", haha:)
Post a Comment