
Well, I'm afraid I've come to the conclusion that our sweet cat, Angel, has joined the angels up above. I haven't seen her for at least 4 days now and I've stood at our back door calling for her more than I ever have before. My heart is so sad. We got her in October 2006 at the animal shelter. She was a feral kitten, but when Will picked her up she just laid in his arms, calm as could be. We knew she was the kitten for our family. It took her a long time to get the wild out of her, but she became the most loving and calm cat. I even loved her after she had lost control of her bladder (peed on me) on my head while I was sleeping at 5:30 in the morning. Now that's love!
This hurt brings other hurt up in my mind, too. This is the second cat we've lost out here at our house (coyotes). Chai, a strangely wild cat we took from our great friends, Krissy and John, also went missing after escaping out of the house. She had just started coming around to me, being more loving and calm. I may have been the only one in the family sad to see her go, but I was sad. Both these sweet cats went missing right after we spent a good amount of money taking them to the Vet for a sore (both of them had something wrong above or in their eye). I even said while at the Vet with Angel that she'd better not disappear after taking her there, after that had happened with Chai. At this point, I blame the Vet. Well not really, but it would be nice if there were someone to blame. Adding insult to injury, when we were selling our house in Utah, before moving here, we had to find homes for our 4 cats. One cat being the most wonderful cat you will ever come across, Muffin, who found a home with KC and Sarah (KC had once said that if it was possible to clone a cat, he'd clone Muffin and I totally agree with him on that one). I love cats so much, and I have a amazing connection with them. I feel that some day I'll be an old maid with tons of cats hanging around. Like I said, my heart is hurting for the most likely loss of Angel. I just want her to come home!
This hurt brings other hurt up in my mind, too. This is the second cat we've lost out here at our house (coyotes). Chai, a strangely wild cat we took from our great friends, Krissy and John, also went missing after escaping out of the house. She had just started coming around to me, being more loving and calm. I may have been the only one in the family sad to see her go, but I was sad. Both these sweet cats went missing right after we spent a good amount of money taking them to the Vet for a sore (both of them had something wrong above or in their eye). I even said while at the Vet with Angel that she'd better not disappear after taking her there, after that had happened with Chai. At this point, I blame the Vet. Well not really, but it would be nice if there were someone to blame. Adding insult to injury, when we were selling our house in Utah, before moving here, we had to find homes for our 4 cats. One cat being the most wonderful cat you will ever come across, Muffin, who found a home with KC and Sarah (KC had once said that if it was possible to clone a cat, he'd clone Muffin and I totally agree with him on that one). I love cats so much, and I have a amazing connection with them. I feel that some day I'll be an old maid with tons of cats hanging around. Like I said, my heart is hurting for the most likely loss of Angel. I just want her to come home!
4 comments:
so she is for sure gonzo? id blame the vet too. sorry that little angel is gone. hopefully her and chai and meowing around in a better place!
Hi Alison. I'm sorry about your cat and love cats too. But the real reason I'm commenting is to give you the link to my blog. (I actually have two.) I've added you to my blogroll (hope that's okay) and am happy to keep in better touch with you. See ya soon!
I'm sorry about your cat:( How have you been I haven talked to you in forever!
Oh......no. That makes me so sad but our little Chai Chai will now have her friend :)
Post a Comment