Saturday, March 13, 2010

Logan turned 5!!

This last Monday Logan turned 5. I remember right after he was born I looked at Will and said, "When Kaleb is 10, Logan will turn 5." Well, this day has snuck up on me faster than I could have imagined!! When Tyler turned 5 he was so big, and now that my baby has turned 5 I realize how little Tyler really was! It's amazing what perspective can do for a person. I know these moments will keep coming faster than I can conceive, so I have to remember to enjoy each moment a little more, for they are fleeting compared to life! I have been a mother for 1/3 of my life already, and that is astounding to me. I've had some rough years and also some amazing moments that make all the stress and frustration so worth it!

So on to the reason for this note, my baby turning 5. We had a great day! It started out with picking up Gramma from the airport (a surprise for all the boys). For lunch we had Logan's favorite, Macaroni and Cheese. Will joined us for dinner at Chuck E Cheese's, because it's where a kid can be a kid. A kid he was, too. All the boys had a blast. We ate cake and ice cream while we were there, then we opened presents. It was a great celebration for a wonderful boy.

Here are 5 of the many reasons I love Logan:
1. His endearing almond shaped puppy dog eyes that melt my heart
2. How much love he has to share with anyone who comes around him
3. The joy he finds in the little things
4. How much he loves his Eema (Gramma) and family and friends
5. The spirit of joy you always feel around him




Happy Birthday my sweet Logan!!



6 comments:

hilary said...

Happy Birthday Logan! I'll always remember when we were at your parent's house for your surprise birthday party and Logan walks into the center of the living room with his neck dripping with Mardi Gras necklaces and he spreads his arms and says, "Tah Dah!!!!!". Such a great memory of him. :-)

Charlene said...

Happy Birthday Logan!! I can't believe how big he is!! I hope he had a wonderful birthday!

The Scotts said...

Welcome back to the blogging world!!! Oh how we miss this little guy. I was hoping we could all fit in gramma's luggage but it wouldn't zip. Darn!!! Looks like he had a great birthday. We miss and love you guys.

Archuletas said...

Oh my gosh, that means you guys have been gone from our ward now for nearly 5 years. I can remember when you had this cute little guy. I hope you are happy and doing well. I miss your sweet smile and personality.

Peppermint Lane said...

Happy Birthday Logan. Sounds like it was a day full of fun.

Jessica said...

Just thinking about you guys today. Hope all is well. We sure could use a game night right about now and there is nothing like a good game night with the fleming family! miss you all!