Friday, July 22, 2011

Swimming

Ok, a funny story I have to share with you all! Just yesterday (was that seriously just yesterday?) the boys and I went swimming at Sinsheimer Pool. Derek, Logan and I were in the ladies room getting changed (I didn’t have to change), minding our own business, when all of a sudden those sweet innocent boys got a first hand glimpse of a ladies external anatomy. The funny thing is, as they were trying so hard NOT to look at her, they had these looks of, “Holy cow, she’s naked!!!!” on their faces. After we left the changing room they both looked at me and said, “That was gross!” Hahahaha!!! I just looked at them and said, “Well, it’s a natural thing and there’s nothing wrong with her getting changed. And not all ladies look exactly the same.” Derek then proceeded to say, “Ya, mom, you don’t look like that! You look much better, right?” I just said that I didn’t sag quite as much as she did. :) Ahh, so funny.


This experience doesn’t end here, when Kaleb and Tyler found us at the ball park (Derek and Logan had to get to Jr Giants just across the street) they said there was a man that was naked in the shower: in the mens room (which is fine and dandy), so they couldn’t shower…lets just say it was a bit awkward for them. Hahaha. I guess Kaleb couldn’t stop laughing and Tyler kept trying to get him to be quiet…can you imagine? Oh, to live in a world where privacy just doesn’t matter to so many. I thought the woman in the ladies room would have been a bit more considerate, but I guess you learn something new every day!


I have mixed emotions about this experience. I’m glad the younger boys now know what a woman’s body looks like since they aren’t seeing mine naked EVER, they were a little repulsed by said naked body, so that makes me happy, too! I think it’s hilarious how all of this played out. And now Kaleb and Tyler know what to expect in the mens room. I’m not sure which I’d rather have Derek and Logan see…because I can’t control those boys in a room I can’t go in. They need a family changing room in that place!!!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Ditto the family changing room! Not like you want your little kids to see ANY random naked adults of either gender! Your story is funny, though...I can picture all these little boys shuddering and gagging all the way home, HAHA!