Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Sorry for the delay

Ok, we've moved. We're no longer in California...paradise. We're now in Tennessee...a very different kind of paradise. It is so beautiful here. Picture lush dense trees, green hills and valleys, fire flies, clean air, a bit of humidity, rain, amazing neighbors...put it all together and that's what our experience has been so far. We miss so many wonderful people: family, friends, teachers, playmates. But we look forward to getting to know more friends and playmates. The neighbors already invited us over for dinner the day our stuff arrived. We were able to chat with them and our neighbors on the other side of us, also. Both of these neighbors have children, so that makes for a much easier transition for the boys. They were bugging me all day if they could see if they could play with their friends and I had to keep telling them that they would come over if they could play (they were told this by the step mother of the children). But they couldn't contain their excitement to play...it was cute.

I'll have more to update later...I really need to get to bed. But I thought a little glimpse as to what's going on in our life might be nice. I have a lot of unpacking to do...so who knows how long it will be before I update again...but it will be done at some point. :) I still have yet to share our vacation to Utah and northern California...lovingly dubbed our "Guilt Trip" by my sister, since we were moving so far away from all my family.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

My Dad said you guys were moving...I'd been waiting for the update! Sounds like its a smooth transition so far...keep us updated on your new adventure!!

Oh, and, um...WHY exactly do you live in Tennessee now? Not clear on that one...:)

Nicole Brown said...

Crazy- what a change!!! I can't believe you were in Northern California and we did not see each other! One day, we will have our reunion. Now with you new location, it seems much farther away. Get some rest and try to get settled.

Becky said...

YAY! so glad things are going well already. sure do miss u!