Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

So I'm a few minutes behind, but to me it is still Valentine's Day. We had a great day! The boys were up at 6:45 am or so. With only a few mild outbursts of, "He's gonna hurt me" between all the boys, William and I were aware of our surroundings at about 9 am. I then asked him, William, if he'd like to go to the Zoo with us today...he said he'd love to. Jaw Drop! He's got free time? He's been so busy with TurnItUp Media that we've been missing him so extraordinarily. So I get out of bed rather quickly so I can have the boys start to help me clean the house. An hour of everyone in the family cleaning got a good portion of the house clean, and we decided to eat breakfast (yes, at 11). We had eggs, bacon and pink pancakes in the shape of a heart. Kaleb asked after taking a few bites of his pancake, "Mom, is it ok if the inside of the pancake is pink?" Haha! It's not like meat! I reassured him it was how it was supposed to be, and he was as happy as a clam.

After a quick clean up of the kitchen, final touches on house jobs that should have been done right the first time, showers for the momma and dadda, and we were off on our adventure. No sooner than we pulled out of the driveway did we get a call from our friends Sean and Julie that they were on their way to the Zoo, too. We met up at the entrance and enjoyed our time together. It was Will's very first time to the Nashville Zoo and we were able to see nearly everything within the 2 hours we had before it closed. It was a bit windy, but not too shabby for Tennessee in February!

We got home, had clam chowder for dinner, enjoyed a little down time, Tyler talked to his friend Olivia in California, and we all played Rock Band for a few hours before bed. William and I then enjoyed a little quiet time as we watched TV, folded clothes, and I packed to leave for SLO on Monday. He's feeling a bit nervous about me being gone for 8 whole days. I am taking Logan, but he's got the other 3 with homework to worry about. The longest I've ever been away was 2 days...I hope I come home to my boys/man that are still happy to be together. :) I know he'll be fine and so will the boys. I wish I could take them all with me to see everyone in San Luis! My eyes can wait no longer, I must have them touched up before the middle of March, so now is the time. Maybe we can make a summer trip with everyone together...we'll see.

All in all, today was a fabulous day. We enjoyed being together the whole day with out interruption! I look forward to many more days just like this!

4 comments:

Sandy said...

What a fun day! I'm laughing about the "pink on the inside" pancakes - too cute!

Anonymous said...

That Kaleb question moment was a great one! You'll have to tell him that when he's older! "Classic kid!"

Charlene said...

what do you need to do with your eyes? Sounds like you had a great time on Valentine's day!!!

kcsars said...

Happy Valentines' Day to people we LOVE so much! We wish we could all be together.
Alison gets to see SLO!!!! YEA!!!!
Oh, enjoy the beach for us and hug all those whimpy Scotts for us over and over and over and over... and over!
Wil, when you are bored, you can come over for games and popcorn. We'll hook you up. The boys can sleep outside with the dogs... all will be well! Okay? Is a plan?
Travel safe!
~KC and Sars