Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Derek's Birthday and the 4th of July

Here are some photos from Derek's Birthday



I had a lot of fun with his cake. He said the blue frosting made it look like a baby cake, so I had to add a little bling...so the Superman symbol was born. :)


We had neighbors set off some fireworks, which we were grateful for because the rain/tornado warning canceled the fireworks downtown which would have been spectacular. I wish I'd gotten a picture of what we were doing inside to celebrate. We made homemade pizza, an apple pizza dessert, and scones. We watched the Boston Fireworks online and played the Wii until 11 pm. Then the boys went to bed. It was a great day!!

2 comments:

Fleming Family said...

William just informed me they didn't cancel the fireworks, they just did them before the storm hit. And we only had a severe storm warning...I thought my story sounded better though. :)

Unknown said...

Great Cake. I saw your blog on Ann's, U can check mine out if u want. U are such a great mom with all things u do for your kids. herbstclan.blogsopt.com