Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Kaleb turned 11, in Aug!

Oh my word. Life has been flying by and I've been holding on by the skin of my teeth! We have had such an amazing last few months. I've started to write down our adventure across the country and will start to post it in increments, but right now I'm busily packing up our belongings to move back to San Luis Obispo, CA! We are so excited! Will got an amazingly wonderful job (sent only from the man upstairs) in SLO and we get to move back our happy place. We have been so blessed to live in Nashville for the last 2 1/2 years! Our lives have changed in so many blessed ways, it's going to be hard to say goodbye. Our friends are numerous and the opportunities this area affords are limitless. It's been such a wonderful chapter in our book to add to our lifetime experiences!

So, Kaleb turned 11 when we were visiting in San Luis this last August. He has hit the age where he looks forward to the next year and he is beginning to come into his own as a marvelous young man! We had Will on iChat with us during the whole celebration. Brennan, Tracie, Tegan, Kaden, Garen, Emree, and Mom and Dad Scott were all there. It was like old times having family there to celebrate with us. I'm so excited to have that opportunity to do so again!! The kids are, too! Kaleb received some wonderful gifts. He got the Percy Jackson book series, a sweet remote controlled car, some clothes, a beautiful dragon puzzle, and other odds and ends. Kaleb makes me proud every day of his life! He is such a fine young man! Here are 11 other reasons I love my sensational first born child:

1. He is sooo excited to turn 12...
2. Because he can then pass the sacrament
3. And attend the temple to do baptisms for the dead
4. He is willing and ready to step in when anyone needs help, and I mean anyone!
5. He takes care of his brothers when needed
6. He is anyone's best friend that will let him be so
7. Kaleb loves life and learning new things
8. His enthusiasm when learning or doing something he is so interested in
9. His love for the gospel and willingness to share his knowledge with anyone who shows interest
10. His positive example to all he comes in contact with.
11. Kaleb has a desire to do good, in all he does.





Kaleb, I love you so much! Thank you for dealing with my shortcomings as a mother and for helping me become a better person! Your forgiveness, kindness, joy, and honesty do not go unnoticed!

Loves and hugs,

Mom

4 comments:

Becky said...

happy birthday kaleb! so excited to see you guys (again) soon :)

Charlene said...

Happy Belated Birthday Kaleb!! How exciting for you guys to move back to your happy place!!! I'm sure you will be missed and welcomed all into one!! good luck with your move!!

Sandy said...

Happy birthday Kaleb!

Alison - you forgot to mention that when he turns 12...you're one year closer to being a mom of a teenager. That makes you kinda old.

:)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kaleb! I can't believe he's getting so old! wow!