Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Bells, oh Christmas Bells, Sing your happy tune!

Oh how I love Christmas! The first thing I did Monday after we returned home from Maryland was pull out our Christmas bins. I have gathered more and more decorations throughout the years...I now have 4 bins full of fun Christmas goodies to put around our house! This year I am so excited because we have a mantel to decorate, and it looks beautiful!
We also have a stairwell this year that I get to put greenery on, that's the first thing I decorated this year!I love our little village collection and we finally have somewhere to showcase it, in the front entryway.
I have been able to find somewhere to put our manger with Joseph, Mary, and Baby Jesus. It fits perfectly on our side table in our livingroom.
Last, but not least, we have our beautiful Christmas tree. The boys had a blast decorating it. Will and I pulled it out of the box, set it up, fluffed it, and the kids did the decorating. They had so much fun! They did a really good job, too! We only had to coach a little and rearrange even less. I'm very happy with it and love looking at it. I love that it doesn't take up all our walking and sitting space (like it did in California).

An overall look of our living room from the dining room. I feel so happy just sitting in there doing nothing.
Here's what Logan thought was important...over and over and over again. He does love Mickey!!

3 comments:

Becky said...

your house looks very festive!! seems like all you need is some snow and you're set to go! (didnt you already get some snow? soo jealous!)

Fleming Family said...

We got tons of snow last night! Yay!! The boys are out of school because the roads are all icy...time for some fun outside!! Why don't you come on over and play with us? I wish!

Sandy said...

Your house looks great! I'm also loving having some SPACE to decorate this year, for the first time EVER! I don't know if you had this problem, but I realized that most of my decorations were really small-scale...I need to get some bigger decorations now that I'm not in such cramped quarters!

I had to laugh - I have that same wooden Santa thing you have on your mantel hanging on my front door - Roberts' outlet sale from way back when, I think:) good times, good times!