Thursday, December 11, 2008

I'm not dreaming of a white Christmas anymore!

I don't have to dream! It snowed tonight! We all had a wonderful time playing in the snow before dinner and hot chocolate! NO SCHOOL TOMORROW!!!! We get to sleep in, play in the snow, play with friends, and have lots of HOT chocolate!! I know I'm crazy to be so excited to not have school, but I LOVE THE SNOW! I love having the snow somewhere I love to live (I miss SLO terribly, but it never snows there)!! Our promise to the boys that we were moving somewhere it snows came true...it hasn't snowed here much the last 10+ years, so it's amazing that it's snowing already and so much in one night. We made snowmen, snow angels, had snow ball fights and by the time the boys went to bed all the snow tracks we'd made were recarpeted with more snow. It's stopped since, but the roads are slick and no one knows how to drive in snow here. Here are some pictures of the fun we had tonight. All the boys loved it, Logan loved playing and eating, but not getting hit by snow balls unexpectedly. Kaleb throws a mean snow ball when he wants to! It was so much fun to see and hear the joy in all the boys faces as they chased each other and enjoyed the beauties the Lord gives us throughout the year.

I can't wait for more fun in the snow! I love how the white makes the earth look so fresh and new. My favorite thing to do is to go on a walk when the snow is softly falling around me and the roads are quiet. I feel so peaceful and happy and fond memories flutter about in the stillness of the white fallen flakes. It reminds me of how "the world in solemn stillness lay" that night so long ago when our Savior was born.

5 comments:

Charlene said...

do they not have school because of the snow? Isn't it funny what one may consider a blessing others consider it not? Actually, I love the snow, I just don't like the cold. That is probably why I loved living in Utah, you get the snow, but not the freezing below 0 temperature. did I mention that the high for Monday is -5?

Fleming Family said...

Oh, I don't blame you for not enjoying the snow because of the cold. It's not really cold here in the snow either, so that helps us enjoy it more. Ya, no school because of the snow. People don't know how to drive and it looks like they may not snow plow much. Last night one person wasn't able to get up our street to their house because of the ice on the road already. Try to stay warm in that freezing weather!

melissa said...

I am a little jealous! I miss seasons! Enjoy and take lots of pictures for us to see and live vicariously! Miss you!

Melissa

The Scotts said...

Oh the snow. I can say I'm excited to go to Utah, but not for the cold. My favorite thing is to sit in my mom's kitch late at night and stare out the window and watch the snow fall. You're right about the when your outside when it's snowing and it's so peaceful. We sure miss you guys and wish we were having Christmas with you. :( I hope it's not too long before we get to see you again. The boys are always asking when their going to see you.
Love you

Anonymous said...

Yea!!! It's a Christmas Miracle! The boys got to enjoy some snow! Everytime we see sledding, we think of you guys.
We enjoyed an awesome blizzard in Centerville Christmas Eve. Close to a foot and a half in one night? It was glorious.
Love you TONS.
~Sars (and KC)