Tuesday, June 2, 2009

We're still alive

The saying goes, "no news is good news" right? Well, that's the way it is here. The boys are done with school, we're on our second week off and Kaleb and Tyler have Cub Scout Day Camp this week. They are loving it! I helped out all day Monday and will do so again tomorrow. It's fun to be with the boys (I'm with Kaleb's group) and to watch them learn all the new things they are experiencing. This camp is well organized and is helping them pass off LOTS of requirements.

Other things going on: Logan is trying to learn how to ride his bike without training wheels...a bit more practice is necessary, but he'll get it soon. Derek is about ready to lose his 3rd tooth - top right, and is very trepidatious about having it pulled. Tyler is learning how to swim on his own...a few more "lessons" and he will be on his way to pool freedom. Kaleb is also learning how to swim, he may be ready a bit before Tyler to have some pool freedom. Only those two have had true lessons before and that was when we were in Utah...many years ago in accordance to their lives. I am enjoying the summer so far...I love taking the boys out on adventures and activities. I'm hoping to get some good educational things in to broaden their horizons. William is ever so close to seeing a huge success with TurnItUp Media...we are keeping the faith and praying hard every day for someone to come along and act upon their initial reaction of, "Holy Cow! This site is AMAZING!" and not just say that and then say, "Well, good luck and good work." Ugh. It will come, when the Lord wants it to come.

Enough talky, talky, now time for a few pics...
The boys painted these at a Park and Rec painting class in April. From left to right: Logan's, Derek's, Tyler's, Kaleb's



We loved decorating







Easter eggs this year.







Only Derek and Daddy







like to eat them, though.







Logan needed a pic for Mommy's day for preschool...this is what we came up with.

3 comments:

Charlene said...

Nice to see you again and hear how your family is doing.

The Scotts said...

It's about time you write something! j/k, have you seen my blog I have plenty to catch up on. I'm glad you guys are doing good. You look great in that picture with Logan. We miss you guys A LOT. Any plans to come out here???? tell everyone hi for us. LOVE YOU

kcsars said...

Loved the pictures! I agree, your hair is amazing! We've now switched places...mine is curly everywhere and I have no idea how to "manage" it, and yours is straight! Awesome. Next step: I go brown and you go blonde. What do you think? haha.
We sent some "business" to TurnItUp Media. We were at a family dinner the other night and mentioned the website. Suddenly everyone around the table is, "What? That is so cool! Where's the website? I want to use it!" We sooo had the hook-up. Thanks for helping us feel cool!
Love you all. We heard you were headed to CA? Ah! So jealous. Travel safe. Love you amazing amounts.