Monday, August 4, 2008

Now we know why we moved here!

Well, we've made a very long treck and made it to Tennessee. If I never see another box I'll be the happiest woman in the world. Packing nearly killed me, or at least my back. It's so beautiful here and we're only 10 hours away from Will's family. We actually just got back last night from visiting them all in Maryland. Mom Whited is in the hospital trying to get better, but having a difficult time making it home. It sounds like our visit came just at the right time. She was supposed to go home on the 28th of August, but complications in her recovery caused a delay with no date set to go home at this point. She was feeling very down about the whole thing. I think it really helped when we surprised her the day before her birthday. She didn't know we were coming and we had the boys poke their heads into her hospital room. Her eyes grew as big as quarters. It was wonderful seeing her and all the rest of the family. I'm excited for our boys to finally get to know all their other cousins. This move came with a huge purpose...for us to be near Will's side of the family! As much as we miss my side of the family...it's worth the change.

4 comments:

Charlene said...

It is nice to see in retrospect how everything works out that you may not have noticed on the way! Did that make sense?

and peanut makes three... said...

I am so glad you got to go... it worked out well. STILL MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! I STILL MISS YOU!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good move for you, there always seems to be a reason for things. Glad you are enjoying it. I know EXACTLY what you mean about boxes!!!

The Scotts said...

I still think you need to convince me :) We have missed you guys, we've been so busy with the house. Can't wait to show you pictures. How about the same with you? Post some pics of your house and that beautifu place you're calling home!
LOVE YOU